What is CNC Operator?
Named with different terms such as CNC Operator, CNC lathe operator, or CNC machine operator, this line of work is the name given to the person who performs operations such as drilling, milling, grinding, chip removal, and twisting of processed materials using CNC machines.
In this line of business, CNC Laser cutting operators are the occupational group working in factories or workshops. CNC operators are the name given to the person who uses the computer control system (CNC – Computer Numerical Control) that enables the shaping of sheet metal plates, usually metal.
So, if we examine it in detail, what does the CNC operator do and what are the duties of the CNC operator? Let’s examine it together.
First of all, we should point out that not every CNC operator does the same job, because many different materials and plates are processed in CNC machines. Each machined material has its area of expertise and CNC operators are recruited according to this area of expertise.
These people, also known as CNC machine operators, use pre-created programs to determine the material to be processed in line with certain parameters;
- How much time,
- what size,
- In what way
- and what thickness
He is the one who decides what will happen. All of these processes are done with the programming language used in the electronic environment and rapid mass production is provided on CNC machines.
Alright; How to become a CNC operator? What are the requirements to become a CNC operator? Let’s examine them all.
How to Become a CNC Operator?
To become a CNC operator, some requirements must be met. At this point, there are 2 ways to become a CNC operator;
Graduated from the Machinery Technology and Industrial Automation Department of Vocational High Schools
With the vocational education received in vocational high schools, you will take the first step towards becoming a CNC operator. You can improve yourself in the factories where you will work later and become an expert CNC operator.
Attending CNC Operator Courses and Getting Certificate
Another method you can apply to become a CNC operator is to enroll in free İSMEK courses provided by the state or to enroll in paid private courses.
Those who complete these vocational training courses are entitled to receive a CNC operator certificate and thus can step into the profession.
As you can see, vocational courses can also provide you with sufficient training to work in this sector.
In addition, you can reinforce your knowledge and prepare yourself for the profession better with the training you will receive online or the videos you will watch.
You can become a CNC operator by applying to job postings after your certificate or graduation.
What are the Qualifications a CNC Operator Should Have?
Certain conditions must be met to become a CNC operator. We can list these conditions as follows;
- Having technical drawing and visual reading knowledge
- Male candidates having completed their military service
- Ability to adapt to shift working hours
- Ability to complete the assigned task in a timely and accurate manner
- Knowing what the basic components of production are
- Be physically capable of lifting weights
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to use an air winch
- To be able to use the tools to be measured and calculated
We have added a video below so that you can get to know the CNC operator profession closely.
CNC Tezgah Operatörünün Görevleri Nelerdir?
People known as CNC Operators are also called CNC machine operators or CNC lathe operators. They generally perform their professions in areas such as laser cutting, mold, manufacturing sector, machine parts manufacturing.
So what are the duties of CNC operators? Let’s examine together;
- First of all, CNC operators should be able to master the use of CNC lathes and other benches when necessary.
- Preparing and operating the CNC machine and entering the commands of the material to be processed into the system
- Analyzing and analyzing the mechanical drawings prepared for the job and ensuring defect-free product production in the right dimensions
- Converting given instructions into computer commands used in a programming language
- Loading materials used as raw materials or parts into machines
- Making sure CNC machines are lubricated (before production starts)
- To control the compatibility between the desired product and the resulting product at the end of production
- Be prone to teamwork – working with an engineer, supervisor, or programmer so machined parts can be used in other stages of production
- Ensuring the maintenance and control of the machine
- If there is a broken or broken part, create a report about it.
- Make sure that the product to be produced is in stock
- To work by occupational safety and regulations, considering occupational health first.
- Not to be constantly displaced, to constantly improve oneself by increasing their professional competencies
CNC Operator Salaries vary from sector to sector, according to expertise and qualification. According to this;
When you search for CNC operators in the form of job postings, you will see many companies and factories. You can start your career by choosing the most suitable job posting for you.
As Aktif Lazer, CNC laser cutting is our business and we are a well-known and powerful company in the industry. If you want to get more information about laser cutting, you can check our page by clicking the link or contacting us.